How do I measure my dog for Muttluks boots?
Choose the size that fits the entire paw including toe nails and excluding fur. Place your dog’s front paw on a piece of paper. Make a mark at the end of the longest toe nail and another mark straight down the back of the leg. Measure the distance between the two marks and refer to the sizing chart. The strap of the boot should fall at the narrow spot on the leg, just after the paw, at the ankle/wrist. Breed examples on the sizing chart are approximate guides only as paw sizes are not consistent within breeds.
Step 1: Measure the paw
Place front paw on a blank paper, standing with full weight. Make one mark at the "heel" by aligning your pen straight down the back of the leg, and one mark at the longest toe nail. Measure the distance between the two markings.
Step 2: Match to our sizing chart
Choose the smallest size which fits dogs entire paw, including toe nails.
Step 3: Putting boots on dogs
• Stand over your dog with dog between your legs
• Slide boot over the paw
• Ensure boot is all the way on
• Fasten boots Securely
• Tug the end of the boot
• If boot slips down it may be too large or fastened too loosely
• If boot stay in place, it is the correct size and fastened correctly
Boots that are too large may slip off or wear prematurely!
• A snug fit is best.
• The strap of the boot should fall at the narrow spot on the leg - just above the dew claw - at the ankle of the front legs.
• Breed examples are approximate guides only as paw sizes are not consistent within breeds..
Muttluks Sizing Video - English
Muttluks dimensionnement vidéo Français
Muttluks Sizing Guide